Monday 12 November 2012

My wardrobe, a guided tour

Just what you always wanted, right?

Well I know there are more thrilling and important matters to devote internet space to, but hey. I'm not-in-my-thirties, I'm two kids down, I need to find what will make me feel like ME again. I have spent the last however many years with my hair scraped back, comfy jeans and sweatshirt on (I exaggerate to make the point) but it's time for a change, baby.

The snag is, money. Mmmhmm. So we're going to be doing this via the cheap end of the high street, eBay and charity shops. Also, what I've been reading about as 'shop-your-closet' (or wardrobe I suppose in the UK).

So here's what I'm thinking. I'll start by cataloguing any ensembles worth mentioning, so there's an archive to look at when I'm feeling uninspired. I'll Polyvore something similar in case you (and I trust that some day there may be a 'you' out there) want to try it, and I'll also go through my wardrobe piece by piece for the purpose of working out how I can get more wear out of more pieces *, and throwing out anything that I don't love enough to put out here in public.

Oh, and, while I'm here I may as well post the things that make me all... wanty... in case they make you wanty too.

OK let's begin.

* it seems a travesty to bestow the things in my wardrobe with the title 'pieces'. We are talking leggings that are older than my children.

No comments: